Unity Tutorial 01

Unity Tutorial 01

This was a whole different experience for me, I never thought that I would be able to get the hang of Unity but I did. The tutorials were clear, very easy to follow, and precise. I went into the Unity tutorial completely overwhelmed and oblivious to the menu, the buttons, and the functionality of the application but going through the tutorials on the Unity Website made things a lot easier and I followed step by step on how to do the first lesson. 


I learned a lot from the first lesson that I took and it was a lot about learning how to make a Driving Simulator. I learned how to make a new Folder, new Assets, adding vehicles and obstacles, and how to make those vehicles move forward and to make the obstacles move by having the vehicle crashing into them. Another thing I learned was how to adjust the camera view of the Player view of the game, I learned how to test the game out and look at the game view and scene view of the project. 


I also saw that we got to work with code as well, which is the whole functionality of the game itself. This was kind of similar to what we did with our other modules so already knew kind of how to work with code from coding websites in our other modules. The application used to work with code was called "Visual Studio" and it was one app within Unity I had to use to code the functionality of the game itself. 


This is an example of the work that I was doing, I added a Tank in the beginning with Barrels as the obstacles and the aim of this lesson is that we have to be able to go around the barrels but we haven't gotten to that point of the lesson yet. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Game

Unity Tutorial 02